These simple to make appetizers are not really pretty to look at, but omigod they are absolutely addictive and pair perfectly with our Chupacabra cocktails or a fine glass of wine.
* 6 figs, halved (or substitute pitted dates)
* 6 ounces goat cheese
* 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
* 3 slices bacon, cut in half (preferbaly parcooked)
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Stuff fig halves with goat cheese. Press pecans into the cheese. Wrap each stuffed fig half with half a slice of bacon, securing with toothpicks.
3. Arrange on a medium baking sheet. Broil 5 minutes, or until bacon is evenly brown and crisp and goat cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.