- One 9-inch pie crust
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half & half 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose unbleached flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Black and red pepper to taste
Crumble bacon into the bottom of prepared pie crust. Sprinkle cheeses on top of bacon. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over bacon and cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Note: For our vegetarian friends substitute 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen spinach and 5-6 mushrooms browned with butter.